Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Glee Highlights: Season 2, Episode 18 - Born This Way

Wow, this episode was about a BILLION times better than Night of Neglect, right? And it was extra long, which was nice. So, let's get stuck into the highlights!


Mr Schue's Booty Camp
Seriously, Mr Schue is leading a dance class with the awesome Brittany S. Pierce and Mike Chang? Seriously? I don't know what kind of crazy pills the writers of this scene took, but....yeah, kind of hard to suspend my disbelief on that one.

Santana's Gaydar
The Truth. She KNOWS IT.


Ms. Pilsbury
I wonder what it's like to live in Denial? I bet the weather sucks.


Unpretty/I Feel Pretty Mash up


Possibly one of my favourite mash ups ever. Such a gorgeous arrangement - I need it on my iPod stat, people.
 
Bully Whips
Cute beret/satin jacket ensemble aside, I wonder how long it will take for everyone to see through Karofsky's act like a threadbare pair of granny undies?
 
Finn's Dance Lessons
Mike Chang continues to be fantastic. Finn continues to dance like a tall white man. Cute effort though - I enjoyed this number.


Will as Dr. Phil
He did kind of come across as a bit of a bully, but lady? You have a serious disorder that made your husband LEAVE YOU. It's time to sack up and get that shit under control. I'm glad Will acted tough. Emma needed to hear it.

Burt
Mike O'Malley continues to get some of the best scenes in the show. Nice work in the principal's office - I thought this scene was real and appropriately absent of silly jokes.


Kurt and His Top Hat
HE'S BACK, BITCHES!

Warblers - Somewhere Only We Know
Man, I'm going to miss the Warblers. They have some of the best performances in the show - sometimes cheesey but always catchy. I loved this cover of the Keane song. So good.


Bonus points for the totally random yet conveniently placed piano in the playground!


But....
Minus points for the forty five year old actor they have miming along with the rest of the baby faced Warblers.

Lucy Caboosey

Quinn used to be overweight and "ugly"? Gee, I didn't see that one coming!


Also, I am still having problems with Quinn's hair:
Why doesn't the stylist understand how to properly style a layered cut? Seriously, it's not that hard. Curling just the front bits is NOT a style. It's what you do on a Sunday afternoon when you want to try out the curling wand you bought while wearing your pjs and waiting for the leg wax to cool down.

Flash Mob
I love a good flash mob. But I sort of didn't love this. Mostly because of the stupid song they used which I haaaaaaatttte. But I guess it was just a bit of fun. And Kurt was definitely rocking the red fedora and matching sweater vest.

Emma Gets Help
FINALLY. I don't think I could have handled having this storyline dragged out any more. Hopefully they'll show her progressing in a real way. Bonus points for the adorable cardigan. I think the show has been distinctly lacking in cute Ms. Pilsbury outfits this season, yes?

Lebanese
Oh, man. This was so unexpected, but so delightful. Especially Brittany's "Isn't that what it says?" How this girl got past kindergarten is beyond me, but it was a funny, touching scene.

The T Shirts



Was Quinn in this number? I couldn't find a pic of her and I don't recall her being in the scene. Anyway, the shirts were a cute idea - nice to see Ms. Pilsbury finally admit to her problem in front of people. Although in the photo above it kind of looks like she's about to flash Mr. Schue. Not that he would complain, I suppose.

Poor Santana....
Seems she can dish out the truth but she can't take it herself....It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Born This Way
I enjoyed it as far as covers go, but I don't think it was a massively memorable number. Your thoughts?

Pin It

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Quinn was in there - her t-shirt said 'Lucy Caboosey'. Her hair is shocking at the moment.

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Ah, okay. I rewatched the scene and couldn't spot her but I was sure that surely she would have been there - thanks! I know, I don't understand why the hair stylist is thinking.

Hannah said...

Loved the "I Feel Pretty" mash-up, but honestly? Kinda pissed off ('scuse the language) about the whole "Quinn was 'ugly'" thing. I can't help feeling it absolutely justified changing your physical appearance to fit society's standards, particularly as in the past they've had Quinn talk about disordered eating. I might be getting a bit too dramatic about this, but yeah. Didn't like that at all.

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Hannah - I know what you mean, but I sort of wasn't surprised by it at all. I think that's why Quinn was portrayed as being like that - she was the opposite of what everyone was telling Rachel not to do. It was interesting (if totally predictable) part of the storyline for me.

Love Unpretty/I Feel Pretty too - definitely need it on my iPod!