Friday, May 27, 2011

Fun Friday Links

SO happy to have a half day off from work today! I'm looking forward to poking around in a homewares and furniture shop that's closing down - fingers crossed I find a bargain for the study!


But first, links!


- The Playlist has complied a list of 10 of the greateast TV shows currently airing in the States. Most of them have been on TV here, but even those that haven't could be worth checking out. I've heard good things about Justified and Game of Thrones in particular. Also, I have got to watch Parks and Recreation ASAP.


- Looking for something interesting to browse online? This Tumblr, All That Is Interesting, is quite literally all things interesting. There's no discernable theme, it's just a bunch of interesting stuff. My favourites are the vampire hunting kit from the 1800s,  these beautiful pictures from inside an ocean wave and this beautiful photo of New York City at night.


- The most important movie trailer of the year: Green With Envy


Due to technical difficulties, there are only three links today - apologies. I have destroyed two work computers and am reluctant to spend too much time around technology this afternoon! Pin It

4 comments:

Zacs said...

George RR Martin books, starting with The Game of Thrones...highly addictive....highly...as in old woman counting days until next book in the series is released...

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Haha, Zacs, I've heard the books are addictive!

Dee said...

I have spent three years trying to get people to watch Parks and Rec so I'd have someone to talk about it with. The first season is cute but a bit awkward (it's only 6 eps), the second is really good and the third is awesome.

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Dee - I've heard a LOT of people say that the later seasons are better (which is also what I found with 30 Rock). I'll have to hunt it down at the DVD shop I think!