Friday, May 20, 2011

Fun Friday links

Holy crap it's gotten cold here in Melbourne! I've pulled out all my scarves and coats and I think I need a cute beret to top it all off. Anyway, my week has been somewhat less manic, so hooray for that! Here are some links to get you through the last workday of the week.

- The Fug Girls posted this a couple of weeks ago and I felt it was worth reposting. Remember that interior design blog I linked to a while ago called Design Sponge? Well, they do a "Living In" series where they choose a particular film and create a style board with clothes, furniture and accessories that fit the film's theme, with links to where you can purchase said items. My favourites are Cat On A Hot Tin Roof (that white dress is one of my two favourite white dresses in film. My absolute favourite is this one - scroll down to watch the clip of that last scene.) and Coco Before Chanel. But be prepared to waste a LOT of time reading all the entries.

- This is a quick one: 25 Celebrities Who Are Older Than You Think. William Shatner is EIGHTY?

- Even GOOP has kitchen disasters. I mean, we've all set ourselves on fire at least once, right (cough*maybetwice*cough)? The last line of the article is my favourite.

- You that calm, satisfied feeling when you walk into a really, really good book shop? Well, imagine walking into some of these ones. I really want to go to the one in Detroit - five levels of books!

- More casting news for The Hunger Games movie! Woody Harrelson has been cast as Haymitch - I'm kind of excited. I hadn't even thought of him, but I think he could be really great in the role. Stanley Tucci has been cast too, as Caesar Flickerman, which I'm super happy about. And check out the first picture of Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss - I think maybe this could work out after all (although I'm sure many fans are looking at that photo and rending garments and clutching pearls because she's just WRONG. Whatever, people).

- And, just for fun a website dedicated to Photobombing. This one and this one are my favourites. Oh, and this one. Wait, wait. And this one. Seriously, I was nearly wetting myself at work looking at this site. Pin It

2 comments:

Kiki Chaos said...

I knew Jennifer Lawrence could do Katniss just fine. People have such uncreative minds, just couldn't get past the blonde hair. I think she'll be awesome.

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Yeah - I admit I am a bit ambivalent, but I really haven't seen her in anything except about ten minutes of Winter's Bone. I have an open mind. The author is heavily involved in casting, so if she approves then that must mean JL is good (I hope!)