So, apparently Winter is back? It just started to hail. Yay. Except not really. It would have been the best day to stay in bed this morning, but that didn't happen.
Instead, let's cheer outselves up with these Fun friday Links!
- The Gloss has very kindly put together an analysis of fictional relationships that would have failed in real life. My favourite is Belle and the Beast.
- How gorgeous are these mock up covers of Vogue magazine with the Disney princesses on the covers? Although Ariel looks vaguely like Jessica Rabbit, the artwork is really beautiful and the cover stories are very clever (warning: if you click through past the magazine covers, some of the artwork gets a bit raunchy, but the other stuff is worth a look).
- The Oatmeal, is, as always, brutally honest with its opinions. This piece on what we should have been taught in high school is perfect. The Home Ec one is especially brilliant, and highly applicable to me because I spent ten minutes during the week reloading the work dishwasher. Because here's how you DON'T load a dishwasher: by shoving shit into it left, right and centre with no order so that everything just literally gets piled on top of everything else and you can barely roll the shelves in or out because five thousand plates have been precariously balanced on twenty eight mugs and eight thousand pieces of cutlery. Yes, I have become that person.
- Bored at work? So are these people. There's a whole website dedicated to the weird and amusing stuff people see in their workplace.
- Want to look at a cute puppy? Here you go. Hint: he's mimicking the giant dog/dragon Falcor from The Never Ending Story. It's adorable.
- And here's a link to the Boredom Abounds By Julia facebook page, should you wish to become a fan!