Did you know it's the END OF JULY this weekend? Thank goodness Winter is nearly over. I'm sick of driving home at 6pm and feeling like it's 10 o'clock at night.
I have a big weekend coming up. Well, mostly tonight and tomorrow as I'm attending the Nuffnang Blogopolis conference tomorrow, and the pre-drinks thing tonight. I'm trying to prepare myself for the drinks, mostly because I suck at small talk, mingling and all things related to it. Basically, I'm trying to think of things to say other than "So.....do you like....stuff?" Here's hoping I succeed!
Anyway, let's get stuck into some links:
- You know how weird dogs look when they shake their heads, with all their skin and saliva flying everywhere? Well, somone had the foresight to capture it with still photography. So funny! Although I think the last dog just looks like he's modelling for a dog food catalogue and has a giant fan blowing his fur artfully around.
- Finally, someone told off a cosmetic company for misleading images in their advertising. L'Oreal got told to pull two of its ads in the UK featuring Julia Roberts and Christy Turlington due to their gigantic LIES about what the product will do to your face. I mean, do they really think that we believe our face will constantly look like it's being lit softly from above just by usuing their make up? We're not stupid, L'Oreal.
- You know how your Nanna always looked super stylish (well, mine always did, especially when she wore a beret)? Someone has started a gorgeous blog called Advanced Style, featuring senior citizen aged women with great style. These women are rocking my world right now.
- Jeopardy host Alex Trebek's hotel room got robbed in the middle of the night recently while he slept. He chased the robber down the hallway and she was caught and arrested. It's must be awesome to be such a bad-ass game show host. His resume could now read "Game show host and vigilante." I'm jealous. Mine just says "Adminstration" about eight different ways.
- I was browsing some interior design blogs on the weekend and found this beautiful one dedicated to the colour turquoise (and different shades of blue). I'm in love with it. My next house will be ALL TURQUOISE. Honestly, I'm so easily influenced.
- Don't forget to head over to the Boredom Abounds By Julia facebook page and hit the Like button for all the latest updates!
Happy weekend everyone!