Mmm, I just treated myself to a skinny hot chocolate and a pain au chocolate for breakfast. It was delicious (even though I feel slightly ill now) and a nice Friday treat. This week has been busy and cold. Man, has it been hard to get out my toasty, warm bed in the mornings (Melburnians, you know what I'm talking about).
But I digress - here are your Friday links!
- The Smoking Gun released Katy Perry's "rider" list (aka diva demands) and I LOVE IT. It's six pages long and it's not super ridiculous, but it's just SO specific. Like, if you're her driver, don't make eye contact with her (you may melt). Make sure there aren't any carnations in the floral arrangements (they drain her of her powers). The floor lamps must be French ornate style. No Ikea crap for Ms. Perry! And so on and so forth.
- I was browsing recipe sites during the week and I found this really fantastic Sydney food blog called Raspberri Cupcakes. I mostly browsed the dessert entries and found a heap of totally awesome cakes. I'm desperate to try the Tim Tam cake, the Milo cupcakes and the rainbow cake and stuff my face with delicious treats. This has definitely gone in my bookmarked blogs. The food photography is also beautifully understated and stylish.
- One of my goals for this year is to learn how to become a better photographer. The first step is buying a better camera, which I'm hoping to do in the next couple of months, but for now I'm trying to learn as much as I can about styling photos. The Prop Closet is a website I came across from someone in my Twitter feed, and I just love it. Pretty pictures and great tips on how to style nice photos. Just scroll through the images. Trust me.
- In a similar vein, I came across this great photography website that has a bucket load of DIY tips and trips to take better photos. I'm sure most people would find something on there of use, blogger or not.
- Here is a gratuitous link to the Boredom Abounds By Julia facebook page. That is all.
Happy weekend everyone!