Monday, November 7, 2011

Glee Highlights: Season 3, Episode 4: Pot O'Gold

This is a short highlights post. The reason? This episode was kind of dull. I only liked one of the songs, and there were a bunch of storylines that I just thought were really, really stupid.

So....let's get started, shall we?

Rory the Leprechaun
I didn't watch The Glee Project, but I like this kid. Good voice, nice personality, adorable accent. But the leprechaun thing? Really? This is the first storyline I thought was kind of stupid. Also, how long are they going to dress him in green? We get it: he's Irish. Green is their colour. Let's move on.


Finn 
I really enjoyed Finn's scenes this week. It was nice to have a Finn-centric storyline and not have him acting like a complete moron. Although the Blaine hate needs to stop, because it's kind of hypocritical.

Quinn and Beth
I get that she wants her baby back, but Quinn, honey, you're acting like an idiot. No one is going to give you your baby back. Especially when you do stupid stuff like planting stuff in her apartment. Which, quite frankly, Shelby would figure out pretty darn quickly. I really want an adult to figure out her plan and bring her crashing back down to earth with a huge reality check.

Burt Vs. Sue
I really hope Burt Hummel crushes Sue to a bloody pulp in the election. Also, it says something about the writing when this little exchange is one of the most entertaining in the whole episode.

The Trouble Tones
This was the only musical number in the whole episode I thought was any good. It helps that I love me some Christina and that they mimicked her Candyman clip pretty nicely. But it was upbeat, sassy and the girls were just completely watchable. I really didn't get that vibe from any of the other numbers.

Puck and Shelby
Really? REALLY? They're really going HERE? *eyeroll*



Pin It

4 comments:

Dee said...

Oh my god, this episode was TERRIBLE. The only good thing about it was that there was very little Rachel.

The only thing that is keeping me watching is Blaine. Seriously.

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Dee, even Blaine grated on me a little bit this week - in that Katy Perry number I just wanted to scream at him to take it down a notch!

Hannah said...

Yeah, finally watched the two most recent episodes and I'm glad I did it in that way. If I'd watched this one without having the next one already loaded up, I think I would have quite Glee for good. Lame, lame, lame. Looking forward to your recap of the Blaine-focused episode! I feel more positive about it than any others this season, I think. But I'd still rather watch Parks and Rec ;)

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Hannah, I still haven't watched Parks and Rec - I hear good things about it!

Yes, that episode was so lame. Thank goodness the next one was better!