Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bargain Buy

Wandering around a local trash and treasure market on the weekend to look at plants for the garden and I spotted this:


I've always loved glo mesh - even since I was little and my sisters and I envied the gold Oroton glo mesh purse and cigarette case my grandmother had. At vintage markets you usually see it in silver and gold, and often beige, but I had never seen it in midnight blue before. It's not second hand, and it comes with a sticker saying "Made in Hong Kong", but for $5 it was a steal.

And I needed a purse to put in clutch bags when we go to weddings, etc. Usually I just stuff money, my drivers licence and any number of random items in the side pocket and hope I don't lose anything, but now I can arrange things nicely in my clutch, and I won't have ten thousand bobby pins, an array of $2 coins and bandaids falling out whenever I open it.
Pin It

8 comments:

Melanie Briggs said...

I have glo mesh envy...

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Melanie, if I see one the next time I go I'll buy it for you! I almost bought a silver one too, but the clasp was broken (although the guy "fixed" it and still tried to sell it to me).

Hope everyone is well at your place!

Kiki Chaos said...

omg, I was in love with my grandmother's gold glo mesh purse too! I think I just loved holding it for that slinky feeling. I would love a silver one. Will have to keep my eye out :)

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Kiki, when I was younger I was so envious of my grandmother's gold cigarette case that I figured the only way to get one of my own would be to if I started smoking. My six year old brain didn't realise it could be used to carry other things!

Claire said...

i have nanna's cigarette case. I'm pretty sure I have the coin purse too. Mwahahahaha

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bella@justsewtall said...

Wow, what a great purchase! Glo-mesh is great - so timeless.

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

justsewtall, I know, I adore it! Thanks for stopping by!