We're halfway through August. When did that happen? And yet the weather in Melbourne remains grey and drizzly. Lucky I have these Fun Friday Links as a nice pickme up on this very blah Friday morning!
- Check out these B Movie posters for classic films. Some of them are really gorgeous - I'd love a big, framed print of either Erin Brockovich or Toy Story for my study wall. The one for Bee Movie is hilarious, too.
- I'm not one for getting too TMI about female "stuff", but you HAVE to check out this piece from The Hairpin called My Period Takes Me Shopping. Seriously, just....read it. You will Crack. Up.
- I really, really wish Banana Republic was sold in Australia so I could buy some of the items from this TOTALLY AWESOME line of clothes inspired by Mad Men. It makes me so happy when clothing companies realise we don't all want to wear mini skirts, jeggings and/or a floral top that looks suspiciously like something we wore just fifteen years ago. Breaking away from the mass consumption mould, yay! Click on the image to watch the slideshow.
- I stumbled across this blog during the week and though it was worth mentioning for the great hair and make up tutorials. Keiko Lynne's blog also has a lot of lovely fashion as well.
- This website featuring Brilliantly Sarcastic Repsonses to Well-Meaning Signs had me losing my shit at work this morning. Have a look and try not to laugh, I dare you. Scroll down a bit to read, it loads kind of weirdly.
- So, you know the book and/or film The Devil Wears Prada? Well, someone over at Conde Nast (publishing company of Vogue, Glamour, Allure, The New Yorker and a bunch of other magazines) has started a Twitter account about thing overheard in the Conde Nast elevator. It's so Devil Wears Prada, but even more delicious, because it's real.
- Apparently it's Humanitarian Day today, so I was pleased to read about how $78 million in cash has been recovered from the Japan earthquake and tsunami wreckage and TURNED IN but honest people. How great is that? Hopefully it can be put to good use helping the displaced and injured start the recovery process.
Have a great weekend everyone!