The flowers were held in a bunch of different sized jars I've been collecting for the last year or so, and I used a pad of scrapbook paper from Spotlight and some scissors that cut in squiggly lines to cover the jars in different patterns. I wanted to also tie some brown twine around the neck of the jars, but ran out of time.
The cake was a chocolate mud cake and the colours for the party were purple and turquoise, but i couldn't find ready made turquoise fondant, so I thought purple would be nice. I have been wanting to try a large fondant bow for a while now. I am very pleased with the result. The fondant got a bit dry once it was on the cake, but luckily no cracks appeared. I realised it was probably because I used too much cornflour to knead it, so I won't make that mistake again.
Here's the full pic of the cake: