Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Retail Therapy - Vintage Jewelry

In September I went to the Round She Goes vintage market. They had a lot of pre-loved clothing, shoes and accessories, but as I tend to do, the jewellery stalls kept grabbing my attention. I'm a sucker for browsing through retro costume jewellery. I don't often buy anything, but I love looking at the kitchy stuff. That day, however, I did find something and as soon as I saw it I had to have it.




It's a vintage 1950s or 1960s (I forget which) Hematite necklace. It was so unique, and the silver and Hematite glinted so nicely in the light that it caught my eye straight away. I bought it from this lovely lady, and she had a lot of other gorgeous stuff.




The pendant is such an unusual shape and texture. I just need to add a few links to the clasp at the back because it sits a bit too high on my neck, but other than that it's in amazingly good condition.

Weirdly, in Googling Hematite I discovered it's a birthstone for both myself and my husband's zodiac signs, and is supposed to ground and protect the wearer. Nice!

The only other thing I wanted to buy at the market was a stunning black knife pleated vintage Balenciaga dress, but it was about $300 and it didn't fit me. It was seriously gorgeous, though! Pin It

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh, it's stunning! I adore vintage pieces :)

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Hannah, thanks! I love it. Vintage jewellery can be so utterly gorgeous!

Rubbish and garbage removal said...

its amazing