Friday, December 9, 2011

Fun Friday Links - PM Edition

I have been out and about being touristy in my own city. I already knew this, but it bears repeating: Melbourne is awesome. Hence the lack of Friday links this morning because I couldn't get my act together in time over the last couple of days. 

Anyway, here are some links to keep you occupied as you while away the final few hours of your Friday night!

- Why did our childhood toys have to become so sexy? It's totally wrong. I think I feel the most sad about Holly Hobby. Also, on topic with little girl things being too sexy if you haven't read Cinderella Ate My Daughter yet, you really, really should.

- I think you really need to take a moment and have a look at Elizabeth Taylor's amazing jewelry collection over at Vanity Fair. I'll take one of each, please.

- Buildings shaped like what they sell! I really need to live in a city where the library building is shaped like books on a bookcase. 

- Ever been on a first date and thought "that didn't go so well, oh well, time to move on"? Well, imagine if you were the poor woman on the end of this diatribe from a passive-aggressive jackhole who  doesn't seem to realise that the problem may be him. Pro tip: leading the opening paragraphs of your email with "In my opinion, leading someone on (i.e., giving mixed signals) is impolite and immature. It's bad to do that" for someone you've been out with ONCE is not a good idea, dude, especially if you want to go out with the woman again.

- What would happen if The Muppets auditioned for other famous roles in film and television? Well, someone had a little think about it and this is the result. I know I'm not the only one who saw Sam the Eagle as Don Draper and though "Weirdly, that could work."

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Pin It

No comments: